Most people use Facebook to share photos and stay in touch with friends, but did you know that you can use it to earn money as well? There are lots of ways to earn money on Facebook, from using link-type advertising programs to creating a fanpage and then selling the posts. You can even use Facebook to advertise and sell your products. If you are interested in making money using Facebook
Make great posts.
The foundation of any successful plan to make money with social media is good content, and lots of it. On Facebook, that means a stream of interesting links, images, and updates every day.
- Search for a niche and fill it with quality content. It doesn’t have to be a niche nobody else is filling, but it should be specific enough that it’s clear to the casual observer. For example, maybe you’ll post content for cat lovers, mothers, or people with a certain political affiliation. If you plan to market a product with your account, be sure to link the product to your posts in some way.
- Consider opening up another Facebook account and keeping it separate from your personal account. Use this account for your posts, and link them on your personal Facebook account to let people know about them. Depending on the approaches you use, you might even consider using multiple extra accounts. NOTE: Facebook will not allow multiple accounts using the same email and/or phone number. You may even get a request to verify a new Facebook account through a code texted to your phone.
- Give it time. Let your account build up interest over time by continuing to provide fresh and relevant content every day.
Make a commitment to earn.
The only way to reliably make money using Facebook is through persistent work. Like any job, setting a schedule and sticking to it is the key.
- Organize. Whatever strategy you plan to pursue, you’ll probably have to take care of several things every day to make it work for you. Plan out the order and times you’ll do them in advance.
- Saturate your market. Making money with Facebook is more of a numbers game than anything else. Since marketing on Facebook costs nothing except time, you can market as much as you want – even to a point that would be prohibitively expensive any other way – and let the percentages and statistics work their magic one penny at a time.
- Add aggressively. One of the best ways to increase the number of people looking at your page is to simply add people as friends as often as you can. Most won’t accept, but some will.
Find an affiliate program or other link-type advertising program.
Affiliate programs provide you with a unique ID and marketing materials, and then pays you a commission based on how much business you generate. So try to find a Good Affiliate marketing website and start earning.
- Most websites you’ve heard of offer such a program. Since there’s no cost to the site for letting you do this, practically anybody can become an affiliate for as many sites as they want.
- Start with well-known brands. Amazon offers a competitive affiliate program that pays a percentage of any purchase a person makes after clicking through from your post, even if it’s not anything you advertised. Apple’s iTunes program has an affiliate program as well.
- Add in smaller programs. Though less likely to generate money on a given day, you can diversify and gradually increase your affiliate revenue by offering a wide range of advertising services to many different businesses.
Once you’ve decided to market a company as an affiliate, search the company’s site and fill out the required forms. This should always be free, and usually only takes a few minutes.
- Don’t ever pay to become an affiliate.
Make a Facebook account for each affiliate program or group of programs you sign up for. This allows people to follow your pages based on the things they’re interested in, rather than having to sign up for one page full of all different kinds of ads.
- As mentioned previously, you can use your primary account to repost things from the other accounts periodically, exposing those pages to the audience you’ve built.